Executive Director, Shasta County Arts Council
The Shasta County Arts Council is seeking an energetic, experienced and innovative Executive Director to lead the organization though the next phase of development. The ED is responsible for strategic leadership, planning and outreach, direction of staff, fundraising and management of day to day operations. Other duties include financial management as chief fiscal officer, marking and branding programs, developing and overseeing programs and services, advocacy and awareness. You will be working with community partners and agencies to maintain the State designated Redding Cultural District and Redding Public Access Television. The ED answers to, and works in partnership with the SCAC Board of Directors, and leads and directs SCAC to achieve its mission. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
Call for Art
Download the full prospectus here – Call for Art – A Year Ago Today
The Shasta County Arts Council is seeking all media artwork for the upcoming juried exhibition, “A year ago today”. Do you recall something of significance that happened then, or does it seem like only yesterday when…
The Old City Hall gallery visual arts committee will make final selections from works submitted.
Deadline for entries: May 28, 2021, at 5 pm.
- Your entry should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org the SUBJECT of the email as “June show entry.”
- The email must contain:
- Artist’s name, address, phone(s), email address
- image files (see below for file-naming format)
- information for each piece (see below for details)
- A c.v. and/or a brief artist statement
- Indicate payment method for entry fee
ENTRY FEE: $15 for up to 3 images; $5 for each additional entry.
- Checks or credit card payments must arrive by May 28.
- Make check payable to SCAC and write ‘June show fee’ in the memo.Your canceled check is your receipt.
- For credit card payment, call 530.241.7320—leave name and phone number for callback. Or email for a callback at email@example.com your name and phone—–do not email your credit card number.
Jury notifications will be emailed on May 31, 2021, along with delivery instructions for accepted works.
- Deadline for entries: May 28
- Jury results notification: May 31
- Artwork delivery: June 1, noon – 5pm
- Show opens: Friday, June 4, 2021. Please note, there is no gallery reception at this time but the show is part of First Fridays Downtown and will be open from noon – 8pm.
- Exhibition dates: June 4 – July 24. Gallery hours: Tue-Fri, noon – 5pm. 4th Saturday of month, 11am – 3pm. First Friday of the month, noon – 8pm.
- Artwork pickup: July 27 , noon – 5pm.
The Shasta County Arts Council seeks exhibition proposals for participation in the Old City Hall Gallery. Works representing both traditional and innovative approaches to the visual arts will be considered. All media will be considered.
The Shasta County Arts Council reserves the right to determine suitability regarding:
- method of presentation
Majority of works to be exhibited must have been completed and not presented regionally in an exhibition within two years of Old City Hall scheduling. Artists may not hold a major show in Redding simultaneously.
Artwork accepted for exhibition must be READY FOR PRESENTATION (i.e., framed with appropriate hardware for hanging). Items requiring specific display instructions must be designated as such in the proposal for consideration by the gallery curator. No piece may be withdrawn before the close of a showing. Sold art is picked up by the purchaser at the end of the exhibit.
Would you like to join us for some of the great events we host? We are always looking for volunteers to help with gallery opening nights, music and theater events such as the Silent Film Festival or the Nor-Cal Jazz Festival, and ARTsMART, or even to help in the office at times. Maybe you’re looking for a different type of task? We also need people to hang up posters around town prior to our events. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530.241.7320. You can also complete the volunteer form and drop it in the mail or fax it to us at 530.225.4455. We look forward to meeting you.
Shasta County Arts Council E-Newsletter
Submit information regarding an upcoming event you are organizing! Our e-blasts generate an average of 3,177 impressions a month and are also published on Shasta County Arts Council Facebook Page and Twitter.
For more information, call 530.241.7320.
Please email all submissions to email@example.com.
Hold Your Classes at the Historic Old City Hall
Old City Hall is one of the most prestigious locations in downtown Redding! Available spaces for your classes include the enormous Performance Hall, which is ideal for dance, acting, and music classes. The Hall is wheelchair accessible!
You can also hold your classes in the downstairs classroom, which is ideal for smaller groups or for painting, drawing, or crafting activities.
If you are interested in holding a class at the Old City Hall Art Center, please download the SCAC Class Proposal here.
For more information, call 530.241.7320.
Please, email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org