22nd Annual Juried High School Art Competition
April 23 - May 22, 2021
Come visit our gallery to see magnificent works created by Shasta County high school students!
Juror: Elizabeth McClellan.
Seven Shasta County high schools are participating this year – University Preparatory School, Stellar Charter School, Enterprise High School, Foothill High School, Anderson Union High School, Anderson New Technology High School and West Valley High School.
Best of Show – 2D – Sophia – Foothill High School – “Clash of Culture – Aboriginal Australian”
Best of Show – 3D – Vincent – U-Prep – “Kraken”
Award of Excellence
Sarah – U-Prep – “How do you see me?”
Marqkus – Anderson New Tech – “All for the record”
Karley – U-Prep – “Evening Glow”
Gabriella – West Valley High – “Untitled”
Christine – U-Prep – “Venus of Manoria”
Award of Merit
Sadie – Foothill HS – “Italian Window”
Carla – Anderson Union High – “Africa’s Queens”
Kate – Stellar Charter School – “Forest Cottage”
Sydney – Foothill HS – “Harry Styles”
Anthony – U-Prep – “Peaceful Waves”
One Year Ago Today
June 4 - July 24
Call for Art – A Year Ago Today – click here to download the prospectus.
The Shasta County Arts Council is seeking all media artwork for the upcoming juried exhibition, “A year ago today”. Do you recall something of significance that happened then, or does it seem like only yesterday when…
The Old City Hall gallery visual arts committee will make final selections from works submitted.
ELIGIBILITY: Original works, all media (installation, visual art, photography, spoken word, video, music) created by artists residing in Northern California (San Francisco area and north). All exhibited artworks must remain in the exhibition until 3 pm on July 24, 2021.
Deadline for entries: May 28, 2021, at 5 pm.
- Your entry should be emailed to: email@example.com the SUBJECT of the email as “June show entry.”
- The email must contain:
- Artist’s name, address, phone(s), email address
- image files (see below for file-naming format)
- information for each piece (see below for details)
- A c.v. and/or a brief artist statement
- Indicate payment method for entry fee
FILE FORMATS & FILE DESCRIPTIONS
Image files should be in .jpg or .png format, naming the file with the artist’s name followed by 1, 2, 3 etc. eg.: janedoe1.jpg
For each image, include:
- Image number (from the filename)
- Date of work
- Price or NFS – The price should include a 30% gallery commission
ENTRY FEE: $15 for up to 3 images; $5 for each additional entry.
- Checks or credit card payments must arrive by May 28.
- Make check payable to SCAC and write ‘June show fee’ in the memo.Your canceled check is your receipt.
- For credit card payment, call 530.241.7320—leave name and phone number for callback. Or email for a callback at firstname.lastname@example.org your name and phone—–do not email your credit card number.
Jury notifications will be emailed on May 31, 2021, along with delivery instructions for accepted works.
- Accepted works should be delivered to Old City Hall at 1313 Market in Redding on June 1st, noon – 5pm. Special delivery time on June 1st can be arranged by appointment. Please email email@example.com if you need an earlier drop off time
- Please follow safety protocols. Mask will be required.
All work must be delivered ready to hang or display. Works to hang on the wall must be wired or have D-ring hardware; no sawtooth hangers. Any special display or hanging needs must be described in the application.
Artist’s name, phone, and title of work must be on the back of each artwork.
If you are not a local artist or if for any reason you must ship your work, return postage arrangements will be required upfront. If the work does not sell, it will be re-packaged in its original shipping materials and sent back to you at your cost.
If shipping the work, please insure it. If glazed, make sure to use Plexiglas to prevent breakage since glass could damage the artwork. Shasta County Arts Council will not be held responsible for work damaged in shipment.
- Deadline for entries: May 28
- Jury results notification: May 31
- Artwork delivery: June 1, noon – 5pm
- Show opens: Friday, June 4, 2021. Please note, there is no gallery reception at this time but the show is part of First Fridays Downtown and will be open from noon – 8pm.
- Exhibition dates: June 4 – July 24. Gallery hours: Tue-Fri, noon – 5pm. 4th Saturday of month, 11am – 3pm. First Friday of the month, noon – 8pm.
- Artwork pickup: July 27 , noon – 5pm.
Works left beyond July 27 are assessed a storage fee of $5 per piece, per day. Works left beyond August 13, 2021 will become the property of Shasta County Arts Council.
Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. Shasta County Arts Council will be diligent in the care of artwork but is not responsible for any loss or damage that might occur.
Nov 12, 2020 - April 2, 2021
Artists: Naomi Rose, BJ Christenson, Rebekah Amick, Coby Walters, David Plant, Frank T. Smith.
Artwork and gifts are available for purchase. If the price of and item you are interested in is not listed in the picture description on Facebook gallery page (click here), please contact us (click here) for details.
*Under pandemic restrictions, in the purple tier of spread, the gallery remains closed to patrons for in-person visits.
In the red tier of spread, gallery is open Tuesday-Friday, noon – 5pm at limited capacity. Please note, facial coverings are required at all times when on the Old City Hall premises. Thank you!
Naomi Rose, BJ Christenson, Rebekah Amick, Coby Walters, Frank T. Smith, David Plant