COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS, ARTS & CULTURE ORGANIZATIONS
- March, 2020
- Shasta County Arts Council
- Comments Off on COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS, ARTS & CULTURE ORGANIZATIONS
RESOURCE COMPILATION FOR ARTS & CULTURE ORGANIZATIONS
PREPAREDNESS TOOLS FOR ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
Organizations should first reference the official guidelines from the state of California in making decisions regarding public events and programming.
Preparedness resources specific to arts organizations can also be found from various national organizations. Please note that these external resources are not sponsored by the State of California.
- ArtsReady has circulated practical examples of measures being implemented by cultural organizations, including this March 6 New York Times article and this February 26 ArtsReady Alert.
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Resources & Information for the Museum Field, from the American Alliance of Museums, contains advice applicable to museums and other cultural venues.
- Two webinars—Theatre Communications Group’s Coronavirus Preparedness Webinar and the Event Safety Alliance’s Prepare Your Organization for the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak—may be of particular interest to performing arts groups.
- The League of American Orchestras coronavirus resources page includes examples of sample audience communications as well as other readiness recommendations.
- A collaborative list of regularly updated COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources, including general resources and preparation, advocacy for freelancers, emergency funding, best practices for online learning/gathering, health resources, job opportunities and more is available on WordPress.
- Americans for the Arts has established a Response and Resource Center to share updates on a daily basis, including preparation information, funding/grants, resources pages and more.
- Americans for the Arts Coronavirus Impact Survey – a nationwide surveying of the arts & culture field on the economic impact of COVID-19 to advocate for emergency federal funding.
- National Endowment for the Arts – COVID-19 resources for artists and arts organizations.
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources – A collaborative list of regularly updated resources for freelancers, including emergency funding and general resources and preparation.
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Details are available on the Cal OES website.
- The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development has compiled helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians as it relates to the cornonavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.