Call for Art – Show your work at Old City Hall!
The Shasta County Arts Council is seeking all media artwork for the upcoming juried exhibition, “A year ago today”. Do you recall something of significance that happened then, or does it seem like only yesterday when…
The Old City Hall gallery visual arts committee will make final selections from works submitted.
ELIGIBILITY: Original works, all media (installation, visual art, photography, spoken word, video, music) created by artists residing in Northern California (San Francisco area and north). All exhibited artworks must remain in the exhibition until 3 pm on July 24, 2021.
Deadline for entries: May 28, 2021, at 5 pm.
● Your entry should be emailed to: email@example.com with the SUBJECT of the email as “June show entry.”
● The email must contain:
- Artist’s name, address, phone(s), email address
- image files (see below for file-naming format)
- information for each piece (see below for details)
- A c.v. and/or a brief artist statement
- Indicate payment method for entry fee
FILE FORMATS & FILE DESCRIPTIONS
Image files should be in .jpg or .png format, naming the file with the artist’s name followed by 1, 2, 3 etc. eg.: janedoe1.jpg
For each image, include:
1. Image number (from the filename)
5. Date of work
6. Price or NFS – The price should include a 30% gallery commission
ENTRY FEE: $15 for up to 3 images; $5 for each additional entry.
● Checks or credit card payments must arrive by May 28.
● Make check payable to SCAC and write ‘June show fee’ in the memo. Your canceled check is your receipt.
● For credit card payment, call 530.241.7320—leave name and phone number for callback. Or email for a callback at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone—–do not email your credit card number.
Jury notifications will be emailed on May 31, 2021, along with delivery instructions for accepted works.
- Accepted works should be delivered to Old City Hall at 1313 Market in Redding on June 1st, noon – 5pm. Special delivery time on June 1st can be arranged by appointment. Please email email@example.com if you need an earlier drop off time
- Please follow safety protocols. Mask will be required.
All work must be delivered ready to hang or display. Works to hang on the wall must be wired or have D-ring hardware; no sawtooth hangers. Any special display or hanging needs must be described in the application.
Artist’s name, phone, and title of work must be on the back of each artwork.
If you are not a local artist or if for any reason you must ship your work, return postage arrangements will be required upfront. If the work does not sell, it will be re-packaged in its original shipping materials and sent back to you at your cost.
If shipping the work, please insure it. If glazed, make sure to use Plexiglas to prevent breakage since glass could damage the artwork. Shasta County Arts Council will not be held responsible for work damaged in shipment.
- Deadline for entries: May 28
- Jury results notification: May 31
- Artwork delivery: June 1, noon – 5pm
- Show opens: Friday, June 4, 2021. Please note, there is no gallery reception at this time but the show is part of First Fridays Downtown and will be open from noon – 8pm.
- Exhibition dates: June 4 – July 24. Gallery hours: Tue-Fri, noon – 5pm. 4th Saturday of month, 11am – 3pm. First Friday of the month, noon – 8pm.
- Artwork pickup: July 27 , noon – 5pm.
Works left beyond July 27 are assessed a storage fee of $5 per piece, per day. Works left beyond August 13, 2021 will become the property of Shasta County Arts Council.
Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. Shasta County Arts Council will be diligent in the care of artwork but is not responsible for any loss or damage that might occur.