For classes download the class proposal form here and return it to Old City Hall, 1313 Market St, Redding Ca 96001 or fax it to 530-225-4455.
For general information, capacity, fees, insurance requirements and regulations please see below.
The OCH Performance hall measures 28'x56' or 1568 square feet of open space with tile flooring. Complete with theatrical lighting,a light board that can control 24 seperate lights at the same time.
The hall also has camera capture capability.
We can mix live performances and if necessary, edit them. Therefore, any event can be captured and turned into dvd. The hall has a sound system that can accommodate up to sixteen instruments or vocals with plenty of power. A projector for playing movies or power point presentations is available.
All in all the performance hall has old fashioned ambiance from being restored to its original City Hall days and the options of modern technology that makes the space a very nice venue to present your event.
We can host plays, bands, business meetings, movies, television productions - any event you can think of. There is also a set of black curtains that can envelope half of the hall perimeter. We can also provide seating for up to 100 guests.
- full heating and air conditioning
- chairs (approximately 100)
- overhead projector
- black curtains
- folding 2.5x6 tables
- sound system
- 1568 sq'
- maximum occupancy 165
- video editing capabilities
- Yamaha Grand piano
- Baldwin baby grand piano
Building Capacity/Statement of Fees/Insurance Requirements/General Regulations:
(The numbers listed below are capacities determined by the Fire Marshall.)
Performance Hall 165 130
Gallery 100 75
Kitchen/Classroom 30 20
Courtyard 100 75
Statement of Fees:
- Processing Fee: $25 (no fee if application is filed online)
- Security Deposit - due upon signing: $350 (refundable if rental conditions are met)
- Performance Hall: Half day/4hrs.: $395 Full day/8hrs.: $595
- Stage Lighting Fee: $100
- Sound Equipment Fee: $100
- Required Facility Manager/Technician Fee: $150
- Piano Tuning: Pianos are tuned once a month. Additional tuning is $100 - paid directly to SCAC piano tuner. Please make arrangements with Bill Bogenreif - 530.547.5694
- Video Capture of event is available: Prices Vary
- Rental Fee Must be Paid in Full 10 Days Prior to Event: If rental is canceled, $100 is retained to cover administrative fees.
- MINIMUM LIMITS OF INSURANCE: General Liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage. Full Liquor Liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage.
- The City of Redding and the Shasta County Arts Council, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers must be included as additional insured.
- Certificate of Insurance is needed 10 Days prior to the event. If not provided at this time, the event will be cancelled and $100 of deposit is retained.
To Purchase Special Event Insurance:
- Homeowners: The easiest, most convenient, and cheapest way to obtain insurance is through a homeowner’s policy. Contact your insurance broker to obtain a policy.
- H.U.B.: www.eventinsure.comThis is on-line only and will take someone who knows how to use a computer and the internet. Follow the instructions on the webpage. Other than homeowners, this will most likely be the cheapest policy.
- S.F.I. InsuranceContact: Joe Gibson1322 Butte St.Redding, CA 96001
- InterWest Insurance Services310 Hemsted Dr.Redding, CA 96002530-222-1737
- All food and beverage concession sales during intermissions, for events held in Facility will be held by SCAC, the proceeds retained by SCAC.
- Facility Manager shall be present during all hours of Facility use unless other arrangements have been made and are noted on the contract. Manager oversees the safety of the public, the coordination of the event, operation of all SCAC equipment, and overseeing clean-up of the Facility.
- The use of nails, screws, etc. on walls, tables or other equipment is not permitted. Tape, if used, must be carefully removed immediately following the event.
- User will be responsible for any damage to the Facility and must leave the Facility in the same condition it was found, including areas outside the building.
- Users shall observe, obey, and comply with all applicable City, County, State and Federal laws.
- Approval for use will not be granted to persons less than 21 years of age.
- SCAC reserves the right to cancel or pre-empt classes up to 10 days prior to the event.
- One person from the event shall be designated as liaison to SCAC and will assume all responsibility for communication, etc.
- The User is responsible for the set-up and clean-up of the event. Set-up and Clean-up time must be included in the use time. Appropriate fees will be charged. The User is to leave the Facility in the same condition as it was found upon entering the Facility.
- The user is responsible for its own merchandising. No percentage will be required.
- Use of the facility is for the expressed purposes stated in the application. No changes may be made without reapplying or approval of facility director.